Wednesday 16 July 2014

Out and about in the sun in Kent

A hot day here in Kent and, in a lull in the domestic proceedings, I took myself off for a short walk in the nearby orchards and fields. Totally different scenery to that we have become accustomed to in Devon and Cornwall but none the less pleasurable. I took my camera along to fiddle with some of its settings and see what they did. From the top:
1. A bee on a very late blackberry flower. I think it was a white tailed bee but can't be certain about this as none of the photographs give a good view of its nether regions. I took successive shots as a burst using a fast shutter speed in the hope that one of them got what I wanted. That shown was #17 of 30.
2. A little post-editing on our i-Pad enhances some of the brown tones. An improvement?
3. A rose bud from a nearby garden, dodging the garden sprinkler in the process.
4. Rose bay willowherb. This is a so-called 'pioneering plant' as it is one of the first to colonise waste ground after fires etc. It is also known as 'fire weed' and is the county plant of London, because of its rapid appearance on bomb sites after the Blitz of WW2.
5. A field of golden corn.




No comments: