Friday 1 August 2014

More coprophilic literature for the young

In an earlier post (here) I mentioned the poop-themed childrens' book 'The Story of the Little Mole' that I had enjoyed reading. Well, here's another one in a similar vein that was brought to my attention recently. Entitled 'The Dinosaur that Pooped a Planet', its heroes are Danny and Dino the Dinosaur who venture into space. But when Danny realises he's forgotten Dino's lunch box, the very hungry dinosaur eats everything in sight, including their only way home - the rocket! I won't give away the plot but I will say that there's poop, planets and pandemonium galore.

It is a perfect book for my three year old grandson as it has two things he loves - dinosaurs and poo. To be honest, I'm quite partial to such plotlines as well. And I do like the fact that the book rhymes throughout. And what a lovely ending:

"And just when you thought all the pooping was done,
 A Mars cat plopped out of the dinosaur's bum."


A closing thought: if there's ever a film made about the book, then how about this as a basis for a poster campaign (with apologies to Ridley Scott)?

No comments: