Saturday 24 January 2015

A walk along the Inny

A nice sunny Saturday and I took myself off for a walk along the Inny river downstream to where it joined the Tamar, at Innyfoot.  I thought I stood a chance of seeing a kingfisher or two or, perhaps, a dipper. And did I?
Blue indicates the out and back 3 mile route from Bealsmill to Innyfoot. It's about 2 miles from home (the flag).
And this is where I just missed getting a good photograph of a kingfisher..
And here a dipper flitted off just as I pressed the shutter.
In fact almost the only things that stayed still long enough for a photograph were these ferns
And, of course, the church on the way back.

1 comment:

Spot said...

my favourite walk! We saw a kingfisher at Inny foot just before Christmas. The brilliant blue against the brown black of the woods was stunning.