Thursday 23 April 2015

Apparently there's s a General Election coming..............

And it's a time of platitudes, empty rhetoric, personal smears, fear mongering and playground bickering. Sadly, what's missing seems to be any resemblance of constructive political debate by any of the major parties. My reaction to most of what I hear and read varies from.....

To.......

And I guess I am not alone. I may be imagining it but this mind-numbing display puts this one as the worst run up to a General Election that I can remember. For the record, my first taste of voting was in the 1966 General Election when I put my cross against the name of the Labour candidate in the Caerphilly constituency, Onesimus (Ness) Edwards. I have a fair idea of what Ness would have thought about the 'Labour' policies being promoted by Ed Milliband. I also have a fair idea of what he would make of the Tories: he wouldn't be surprised as it's what they've always done and what they always will.

No comments: