Sunday 8 November 2015

St David's October 2015: Miscellany

The final compilation of photographs taken during our recent sojourn in St David's. No theme for these as they all come under the 'seemed appropriate at the time' banner.
Fishing off the beach at Abereiddy. I was hoping that the fishermen would end up framed under an arch of their fishing rods but it never happened and I couldn't be bothered to wait.
The remains of St Brynoch's church at Cwm yr Eglyws. The rest of the church was swept away during a violent storm in October 1859. A lovely spot and roughly the half way point of a circular walk around Dinas Island (was once an island but isn't now).
Surfers coming out of the sea at Newgale Sands. I liked the difference in heights between mother and daughter (or so I presume).
I'm not sure of the identity of this fungus but it seemed a good subject for the fisheye lens effect on my camera.
The Celtic Cross just outside of Carew Castle. 9th or 11th Century? No-one knows but that doesn't detract from how impressive its 13 feet are.
The living room of the Longhouse at Carreg Cennen. A fine collection of 'stuff' on a table in the corner. Lots I could recognise (washing board, food mincer, hot water iron, sewing machine, top to a vacuum milking bucket, flat iron) but lots I could only guess at. I'll admit to having a similar collection of 'odds and sods' in my garage.
And this caught my eye on another cobwebbed window sill: a very old electric iron..
....that looks even better in black and white.
I'm of the vintage who, when they see a 'heavy plant crossing' sign immediately think of Lord of the Rings and Ents.
And guess what? There was an Ent just around the corner waving its arms at us.
Apprentice Ents having a 'show me your roots and I'll show you mine' competition.
Our accommodation for our last night wasn't up to much but the views were great and it was cheap.


 

No comments: